Your doctor in Bellevue, WA, can help if you’ve been in a car accident and suffered whiplash.
Car accidents are sudden and scary. They can also wreak havoc by exposing your body to sudden, uncontrolled, violent movements. One of the most common injuries associated with car accidents is whiplash. The good news is, your doctor can help you and your body heal.
Dr. Daniel Brzusek at NW Rehabilitation Associates in Bellevue, WA, offers a wide range of medical services including whiplash treatment, to help you feel better.
Whiplash can cause injuries to your muscles, tendons, and ligaments because your neck and head are whipped around suddenly and uncontrollably. The tricky thing is, you may not even know you’ve suffered whiplash until hours after your accident.
You may start experiencing signs and symptoms like these if you have whiplash:
- Stiffness and pain in your neck
- Increasing neck pain when you move
- Headaches at the bottom of your skull
- Upper back, shoulder, and arm pain that increases
- Tingling and numbness in your arms
- Dizziness or fatigue
- Ringing in your ears or blurred vision
- Sleep issues or difficulty concentrating
If you start having any of these signs and symptoms, you can try a few simple tips at home. Remember to:
- Apply ice or heat to your neck
- Take a few days off and rest
- Take over-the-counter pain and anti-inflammatory medication
- Gently stretch and move your neck several times each day
For moderate to severe whiplash symptoms, you need to seek out the help of your doctor. Your doctor may recommend:
- Immobilizing your neck with a collar to support your neck
- Prescription-strength anti-inflammatory medication to reduce swelling
- Therapeutic massage and thermal therapies to boost healing
- Physical therapy to help restore range-of-motion and flexibility
Whiplash can dramatically impact your life, but relief is just a phone call away. To find out more about whiplash treatment and other medical and wellness services, call Dr. Brzusek of NW Rehabilitation Associates in Bellevue, WA, at (425) 453-1000 now.