How your doctor in Bellevue, WA, can help you heal after an auto accident.
Even the best drivers can suffer an auto accident. Accidents can wreak havoc on your body, and the worst part is, many effects may not show up until days, weeks, or months later. Fortunately, your rehabilitation doctor can help you and your body heal.
Dr. Daniel Brzusek at NW Rehabilitation Associates in Bellevue, WA, provides a wide range of medical services, including treatment after an auto accident.
There are some simple home therapies you can do to ease your pain and heal after an auto accident. Remember to:
- Rest for a few days and give your body time to heal
- Apply ice packs to the injured area for 15 minutes on day 1 and 2 after your accident
- Apply heat for the next few days to relax injured muscles and boost circulation to aid healing
- Do gentle stretches to regain flexibility and range-of-motion
- Take over-the-counter pain and anti-inflammatory medication
One of the most common injuries from auto accidents is whiplash. The condition occurs when your head is suddenly and violently jerked around, much like the action of a whip. Neck muscles can be strained and pulled, causing mild to severe neck pain.
So, how do you know you might have whiplash? You might feel:
- Neck and shoulder pain
- Joint stiffness
- Headaches or dizziness
- Numbness and tingling in your upper body
Symptoms of whiplash may take 1 to 3 days to occur, and when they do, your rehabilitation doctor can help you get relief.
Common professional treatments for whiplash include:
- Physical therapy
- Therapeutic massage and stretching
- Thermal therapies, including the application of heat
- Wearing a neck collar to support your neck and make you more comfortable
To discover more about how your doctor can help you heal from an auto accident, call Dr. Daniel Brzusek at NW Rehabilitation Associates in Bellevue, WA. You can reach him in the office by calling (425) 453-1000, so call now.